So. If you know me halfway well, you know I enjoy a good random fact. Dead or boring conversation? “FUN FACT! Did you know….”
Here are a few of my favorites:
1. The real Maria Augusta Trapp has a cameo appearance in the Sound of Music. She’s like a little blur walking by, but hey, she’s in there.
2. Bubblegum is pink because the guy who was making it didn’t have any other food colorings left.
3. None of the cast of the Cosby show really liked Lisa Bonet.
4. In Virginia, it’s legal to marry your first cousin. [um…ew.]
5. Ronald Reagan loved jellybeans and always had a bowl on his desk in the White House.
6. Air travel is 22 times safer than riding in a car.
7. Alfred Hitchcock had his bellybutton surgically removed.
8. [some] Crayons are made from cow fat.
9. About 150 million hotdogs are eaten in the US on the 4th of July
10. Divorces and new marriage numbers dropped during the Great Depression. They spiked back up after World War II was over.
11. Mohammed is the most popular name in the world.
12. Elephants can’t jump [imagine it, please, it’s hilarious.]
13. The guy who wrote Jaws, Peter Benchley, was a speechwriter for Lyndon Johnson.
14. The Mad Hatter in Alice in Wonderland is mad because in the 1800s, the felt hatters were using to make hats had lead in them, which eventually lead to brain damage in the hatters, making them go “mad.”
15. Squirrels have a 44 day gestation period.
16. Finding Nemo is the most sold DVD. Ever.
17. China produces the most tea of any country.
18. Gerald Ford was president and vice president, but he was never elected.
19. The multicolored horse in Wizard of Oz? That’s not paint, thanks to an animal rights group, it’s gelatin.
20. The dots on dice are called pips.
21. Wednesday is the most popular day to be born on.
And now, you are a wee bit smarter.